Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Myrtle Beach Bound

I have been lethargic, foggy, just plain brain tired lately. I haven't wanted to do much, I'm tired of thinking. Then it hit me. I have really not had a vacation in about 2 years, sure I go to the mountains, but I work there. Last summer I did go to the beach, but I was in pain for 5 out of the 7 days, and our friend here at home committed suicide while we were there so that kind of messed with our minds. So I think my brain needs just some plain rest. I need to not think of anything serious, I need to read some fun books, I need to sleep when I want, go to eat when I want, and just enjoy the beautiful beach scenery. All Audrey asked for as a graduation from college present was a family vacation, Josh, Abby, Joey,Me and Audrey to go somewhere together (Wesley has a new job and has to work,it wouldn't look good to take the first week off and someone has to look after Mr. Buster) We have not had a real family vacation in probably 8 years. As the children have grown up they took vacations with other friends and their families, we went to Montana and Alaska, so we couldn't afford any other vacations. So before our lives start changing with a new baby, a new job for Audrey, and who knows with me and Joey, we are taking advantage and headed to Myrtle Beach.....I can't wait.

1 comment: