Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Move the Stone

In the Bible study I have been doing on Tues night, Between a Rock and Hard Place, this final chapter was Mary, Martha, & Lazarus. Lazarus has died because Jesus took his time in walking the 2 miles to their house, it took him 3 extra days. Jesus says, remove the stone where Lazarus lays. Martha starts to tell him about the smell that comes from a 4 day dead body. Tony Evans comment is " when God is getting ready to do something significant in your life, a deliverance, or a resurrection of something that has died, it will often include an illogical request" he tells us in the next paragraph, make sure you don't go all logical on God. Lazarus was dead, been dead a few days, was starting to smell, there was no need to move the big rock, but Jesus just said move the stone. Martha goes all logical on him. We don't need to tell Jesus how big the stone is, what the stench behind the stone smells like, who is going to move the stone, a discussion plan of how to get the stone moved, we just need to get out of the way and let God move that big old rock in our life. We need to realize that he said "move it" and "Lazarus come forth". I hope that I am at the point of faith, that no matter the circumstances in my life, I know God can move the gigantic rocks that are in my way and cause me to stumble, that make me questions my faith of how big our God really is. Like Lazarus he calls us each by name and is there for us at just the right time

No comments:

Post a Comment