Thursday, March 31, 2011

Psalm 91

Live under the protection of God most high,and stay in the shadow of God all-powerful, then you will say to the Lord, You are my fortress, my place of safety, you are my God and I will trust you. The Lord will keep you safe from secret traps and deadly diseases. He will spread his wings over you and keep you secure. His faithfulness is like a shield or a city wall, you won't need to worry about dangers at night or arrows during the day and you won't fear disease that strikes in the night or sudden disaster at noon. You will not be harmed though thousands around you will fall. And with your own eyes you will see the punishment of the wicked. The LORD most high is your fortress. Run to him for safety and no terrible disasters will strike you or your home. God will command his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will carry you in their arms and you won't hurt your feet on the stones. You will overpower the strongest lions and the mostly deadly snakes. The Lord says, If you love me and truly know who I am I will rescue you and keep you safe. When you are in trouble call out to me. I will answer and be there to protect and honor you. You will live a long life and see my saving power. An old friend on mine from elementary called last night, she grew up at church with Myra and me and she was concerned about Myra. Kim had cancer when she was 32 and she told me she knew exactly how to pray for Myra, This was the psalm she read to herself everyday. She told me to let Myra know she was holding her back for her. I did and Myra said she knew she would.. When I read the Psalm I see how God spoke to Kim through her time of cancer and how it can minister to Myra. I wrote it from the contemporary English version, it really spoke to me, we all need to live under the protection of the most high GOD and believe that he will keep us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment