Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cars, Trucks and Suv's

We are going to need a new vehicle before the year is out. I thought I would have to buy one this winter and right now with Audrey in school, we have no extra money. So what do Christians do, they pray over their car to last a little longer. It is working, so far no new problems, I like my car. It has speed, a great radio, and I can get into about any place or parking spot. The problems with my car is that it is to low to the ground for me now. I didn't realize until my back was out exactly how low it was, I tore up the leather seats trying to get in and out. It is getting older like the rest of the family and is beginning to have little problems, falling apart, like the rest of the family. So this summer my search will begin. What do I want, I do not know. I think a small SUV or another car (gas mileage) the thoughts of looking does not thrill me. Poor Wesley has a truck that on the outside most teenage boys would say I like the big tires, the black tinted windows, the loud sound it makes as you pull out of the driveway. Buster the cat can hear Wesley coming when he turns in the road about 10 houses up. But when you drive the thing it is like a tank. Wesley has had problems with this truck since I have known him (3 years), he put in a new motor last year, he has something else really major taken out and a new one put in. The problem is the frame is rusting. Joey took it to the Toyota place and asked a friend about the recall Toyota has on rusty frames but Andy said he couldn't fix it, that Joey shouldn't even drive the truck home and do not dare let Audrey get in it ever again. Wesley's mom called and told us to hide the keys and not let him in it again. To tell you the Lord has been looking after this man is a given, he drives this truck back and forth to USC in Columbia every week going 70 miles ahr. on a busy highway, Andy said he was shocked Wesley wasn't dead on the side of the road because of the truck just breaking into going down the roads at that speed. So Wesley is now on the search for a new vehicle. I have come to take my money much more seriously than I use to, the Lord has been gracious to use and allowed us to see where we have wasted money, like everyone else does, over the last 25 years. My next purchase will be planned, prayed over, and purchase with wisdom. Cars you gotta have them.......ugh the searching......

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Have you thought of a minivan??? I love them and the next vehicle I get will be a minivan. They get great gas mileage, haul alot of stuff and people and grannies like you and me would totally rock in van!!

    ReplyDelete