Monday, November 1, 2010

What a great day

Last night after cleaning up from our church gathering, ( I talk about that in a minute) One of the men (Brian) from the church said" Tracy today was a great day". I casually agreed and he said again it was a perfect day, then he went on in detail, how yesterday our elementary and young children were in charge of the worship, they first sang a song with this choir, then they led the congregation in singing, they took up the offering, Pastor had a great message from Isaiah. Then the weather yesterday was just too beautiful, Brian went an ran a 11 mile run in the beautiful weather and then we had our chicken stew gathering. I thought I was prepared,(NOT!!!!), I forgot the port-a-jon, thank goodness the owners of the barn had installed one small bathroom. I thought the barn had lights on the outside (as my husband says a $500,000 barn should have outside lights) and it gets dark earlier now, so the band played in the dark. And to top it off I had mentally prepared for 200 people, wrong we had closer to 300 people, I went and told the stew guy, pray over this stuff so if will go further. There were people everywhere and I didn't know a third of them, which is great but next year we have to think bigger. We had a costume contest and it went great, Joey was a judge and he said he hated to do it because he is a softly and he is one of those people who hates for children to lose he thinks they all should win something, but Josh told him this is America somebody has to lose. I think everyone had a good time and we will try again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment