Thursday, November 4, 2010

What are your fears?

Last night at Ladies Bible study, we watched the Beth Moore series Esther, and this week was the week on fear. So I know that this next week we will be looking into it more deeply. So I asked the ladies last night what are your fears. Throughout the video, I was thinking what are my fears. When the kids were younger, I feared alot for Audrey's safety, I worried she would be abducted. I finally had to let it go, there are still days it creeps back up, like when she is driving to Columbia alone. I have to pray and say to myself. God loves her more than I do. Something Beth said last night really stuck with me. Is fear hindering my next step forward in living the abundant life. I feel like I am a risk taker, I think that I live pretty out there on the edge, but I got to wondering if maybe there is something more that I am suppose to do. If my fear of leaving my children, because I always wanted to have a close family, to enjoy each others company as we all grow older, is stopping me from this abundant life that Beth talked about last night. Do I really want to step out and leave my friends and church family, is there a fear there of leaving everything behind. I tell myself no, I can do whatever God wants me to do, but can I really let go and trust that whatever it is that he tells me to do I will do and do it joyfully without looking back. I am not sure, I can't wait to get into my study to see if there is fear there that I haven't even realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment