Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Now, I know

Between a Rock and a Hard Place is the name of the new book I am reading. Tony Evans has written a very thought provoking book. I am only in the 2 chapter and I have already highlighted a number of pages. He talks about the time Abraham took Isaac up to be the sacrifice on the alter to the Lord. The Angel of the Lord stopped him and said "now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son from me." That now is something I have never paid attention to until Mr. Evans brought it to my attention. God knows everything he is omniscient, yet he says to Abraham "Now, I know" He is experiencing with Abraham his choice at that moment. I always thought God knows everything, but there is one thing he does not know, What it feels like to choose to sin, He knows about sin, he has seen it, he took it on himself on the cross, but to actually sin, he never has chosen sin. He says in the book, God is a God of information and knowledge, but God is also a God of experience. That is why he is so relational, he wants to spend time with us, up close and personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment