Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last Nights Dinner

Last night I had a great dinner with the girls. I had told Joey the other day that I need some socializing. I work alone 5 days a week, 9-5, occasionally someone will drop by for a visit. But on the social level its pretty slow. So when someone says lets get together, I usually say "when"....
Cindy prepared a lovely "Olive Garden Style" salad, Garlic bread and the most delicious artichoke and tomato pasta.. Then for dessert we had chocolate cobbler and ice cream, I have never heard of chocolate cobbler but let me tell you it satisfies the chocolate crave like no other. She was even kind enough to send some home with Joey. Our dinner started at 6:30 and I arrived back home after midnight. I could not believe how the time flew by. Cindy, Kelley and I talked, laughed, talked and laughed some more. It is so great to have friends that you can share your disappointments, trials and triumphs with and know that they have your best interest at heart. All three of us have different lives, with different ups and downs but we can come together and know that God loves each of us where we are at......We all agreed that the older we get the less we know, we thought when we where younger we knew all about God and how he works, but as we have matured and have had some life experiences we have come to realize that the only thing that we really know is we have to depend on what the word says and not what others tell us, or what we thought we believed from when we were younger from our parents, but only God's black and white and red words. We are very helpless in this world and only he is truly in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment