Friday, June 18, 2010

Clarity

I came to a couple of light bulb moments this week. I had such clarity that to some extent I feel a little guilty. Why we let people get to us I'll never know, I know my nature is a care giver, I like to do it, it comes naturally. But when we try to reel in areas is our life that maybe out of control it can be hard. This is one of those areas that I have realized maybe out of control.so I have decided to do something about it.
I am in charge of a church dinner next week after church, we decided to have it outside on our land where we are getting ready to start building our new church. I know its hot outside but years ago everyone always had "dinner on the grounds" we never thought about the heat, we just did it. ( I think we have become a little spoiled) I heard more complaints about us doing at noon, why not in the evening, what are we going to do, etc. It hit me right square between the eyes, and this is what I said the the ones complaining "don't come". They aren't helping with any of the activities, they will just show up, we are doing the cooking, setting up, cleaning up and all the before stuff. So it hit me why do I care what they think? I realized I don't care....what a freeing moment I had. I also was feeling a little guilty because I saw someone I haven't seen in a while and honestly have chosen not to seen them and I really didn't ask anything about them or their family, I just said Hi. Well my care giver mentality kicked in but my sister sat me down and said, when in the last 5 years have these people called to see how your doing and check on ya'll. Wow, another light bulb turned on, why am I worrying what they think?? So you see I have had alot of clarity this week, its kind of like this picture.
what at first you think is a bad picture because of the main characters aren't in focus, sometimes the beauty of it all is in the small stuff... My guilt is gone..

No comments:

Post a Comment