Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Waste or Not?

The header picture of the church is from a little town in VA near our family hunting land. I love this little church it has two doors, one for the men and one for the women. We attended another church this weekend for a wedding, it was grand inside. It had a large pipe organ with a balcony, stained glass windows, large cathedral ceilings, pretty formal. As we sat their waiting on the bride to come down the aisle, I was thinking what a beautiful place, about that time my husband (the contsruction worker) leaned over and said this place sure is pretty, how much do you think that organ cost, then shook his head and said "Most people would think this is great, but I just keeping think what a waste". The more I have thought about it, I bet people were saved in that little white church with no fancy windows, organs, or comfy seats just as they are in the grand and beautiful churches. So what is my point.....Maybe we need to stop and rethink what is our purpose with the churches today, our church is in the process of building a new church and of course I like big and beautiful but doesn't God meet us anywhere and anytime no matter the building.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    I agree 100%. I often think that the mega-church is for the mega-world and all it has to offer. God will reach down and get us out of the deepest, most miry pits. He is there, anytime, anywhere...period.

    Love you,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete