Thursday, March 9, 2017

Pebbles in the shoe do hurt

The struggles we have every day are real, some are big as mountains and small are a small as a pebble, but a rock in a shoe is uncomfortable and hurts too. As we each struggle with our own problems and obstacles whether big or small we as Christians have a responsibility and with that comes some stress and pressure to handle these things with grace, love and not lose our cool. Now for me to be real, do I handle most things from the get go with grace, love and coolness, NO! Usually I complain, blow my top, call them all kinds of names, figure ways to get them back, then I pray and say Lord, I know you love them as much as you do me, help me see this. Help me see the bigger picture, the struggle with the demonic world, the real struggle. Usually after a couple hours, I bet you thought I was going to say minutes...I can calm down, regroup and start to see what is really going on. However this usually doesn't change the situation and with all struggles there are still consequences to all things that happen in our lives. I am doing a small group with two young ladies and they want to talk and learn about pray. So we are starting with the way Jesus told us to pray, the Lords Prayer.Last night was "Holy is your name." I started to look up what the definition of this Holy means, the words that came were sacred, worthy of complete devotion, spiritually excellent. WOW, when you start to pray with this in mind, I should be able to see quicker than a couple hours the bigger picture in my struggles. We are trying to memorize different scriptures and I gave them this last night,
Isaiah 57:15 " For this is what the high and exalted one says, he who lives forever, whose name is HOLY, I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite(remorseful) and lowly of spirit. (he lives with us) in order to revive(bring back to life) the spirit of the lowly and the heart of the contrite(remorseful).
I am thankful that while he is so holy he is willing to revive me when I fail him.

1 comment:

  1. I do believe you and I are cut from the same cloth, sister!

    ReplyDelete