Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Thy Kingdom come

I am breaking down the Lords Prayer with the two young ladies in our discipleship/small  group. You know we've al recited the Lords Prayer a million times and until today I never had really thought out the part where Jesus said, "Thy Kingdom come" we say it so fast with thy will be done, that I think we forget that Jesus is say, I'm here, I am the kingdom of God, I am the one that everything rest on. Our verse this week that I will ask the girls to memorize is pretty easy but I have used a different version because sometimes we have memorized or say things and we don't really look at the meaning of it.  Matthew 6:33. Seek the kingdom of God (Jesus) above all else and live righteously (moral and right) and he will give you everything you need.  I started looking up commentary's what is the kingdom in the Lords Prayer. I asked Joey when we say that what are we meaning. It hit us both the Kingdom has come, not thy kingdom come. We today should be praying Our father who art in heaven, holy is your name, you kingdom has come . It was fulfilled after Jesus died on the cross and went to heaven to get his gloried body and came back to earth. His kingdom is now established, its a spiritual kingdom, not a physical one that you can see, but now we should be seeking Jesus and his will, which is written out in the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment