Thursday, September 29, 2016

King David

Most people who know me know that David was not one of my favorite people.. Most people today say well if he is a man after Gods on heart then I have a chance. They think that their screw ups can't be half as bad as David, I mean he had a man killed so he could have this wife for his own( not that he didn't already have a wife, probably a few at that time). But as I am in a cycle of major hot flashes again through out the night, when I woke up about 5 this morning it came to mind some things on David. In reading Psalms 51, he wrote this after his adultery with Bathsheba, "have mercy on me, wash me clean, purify me, create in me, restore me, & forgive me. Joey told our small groups class last night, that God wants us to have fellowship with him. That he wants us to keep open dialogue with him even when we have sinned. Lots of times we are not obedient and then we shut down and feel because of our sinful nature that we can't or shouldn't be close to God, but David who so many times picked the wrong sinful way knew immediately that he had done wrong and went to God and kept the relationship open with him. Unfortunately because of his constant selfishness and disobedience the consequences with his children and others were not heathy or Godly.  But I did come to the conclusion this morning that God can show us through his word that while David was a man after God, he like many choose to think of themselves first but God is always there to show mercy, restore and forgive us. But the lines of communication needs to stay open and that is our responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment