Thursday, September 22, 2016

Crazy World We Live In

I have been thinking about all that is going on in the world and lets just say in the most southern lady like way I know how, its a bunch of crap. I can hardly stand to turn on the TV, between the election mess, the shootings, the riots and the news media, late night TV watching has come down to funny sitcoms or of course the NCIS shows. I have started reading again that way I don't have to see all the commercials about how bad they all are. I will say as I get older I thought that fear is something I had overcome, but I do seem to feel a little more fearful these days. I know deep down in my soul that I am loved and taken care of by my creator. But the human in me comes out sometimes and if I am going to be real, I have fears, fears for my grandchildren coming up in this crazy world, where children are raising their parents, where in the news this week it said that the rise in pot smoking is in the 45-60 age group. When people take there children and make a family outing going to protest, when they don't really know what they are protesting over. When a man is drunk at 7:30 in the morning and kills two kids on their way to school. When a good, honest days work is look down upon because you don't make enough money by the worlds standards. When wrong is right and right is wrong, good is evil and evil is good. I know that I have to take some of the blame for not standing strong and standing up for my beliefs more. I know that as a church we have failed in so many ways and let government and Hollywood teach us about morals and how to treat people (in their own screwed up way). But in saying all of this, I will tell you there are a lot of good, kind, decent human beings in this world and it is about time we as Christians start noticing this and acknowledging this. We get caught up in the cynical  and complaining side of life along with the rest of the world and we are to shine his light. I had a black man come in the office yesterday and I talked to him like I do everyone else and when he let he turned around to leave he  told me thank you for being so kind. I thought how sad that thought he needed to say that. I know all people can  treat others so rudely and unkind, but like I said we as Christians can have bad days but in the big picture we need to keep a check on our self and how we reflect light to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment