Wednesday, January 22, 2014

another day in the life of "Harpo"

Loves Blue Suckers

Trampoline Fun


Harper is one of the greatest joys of my life, but there are days  that she works me hard.
I thought Audrey was one of the strongest willed children I had ever came across until now.
Harper loves life and hates to let it go and this is where our battle lies.
Nap time with me has become a battle ground, she doesn't fight naps usually except at my house.
We have decided she gets over stimulated there with so much going on and people in and out all the time and she can't shut down her little brain and relax. I will say she makes me laugh, she was jumping at my sisters on the trampoline and just laid down and said "we-anne it sure is a beautiful day today".  We go to bank and she sang a solo (Miss Sharon asked)  for a stranger there "smiling ear to ear and doing hand jesters to Chris Tomlin , There's no one like you".  I had to spank her for being disobedient and I have started using a wooden spoon on her hand, because you could spank her bottom and she laughs. So she can see the spoon doing the punishment, she said I will hide my other hand so you can't pop it and I'm going to tell my Daddy. Her new thing is to run through the house and turn on my bathtub and flush all the toilets and see if I can catch her and she laughs saying I'm going to play a trick on you.  Her new saying is I'm just upset, when she is pitching a fit to get her way, and I say why are you upset and she says Harpo don't know I just upset. Life with a 2 1/2 year is up and down in a split second, you have to roll with it or you are in trouble.  Thanks goodness I'm older now and somethings just don't bother me anymore like they did when I was young, I can laugh at the scenes that play out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment