Thursday, September 12, 2013

Our inheritance

Last night we started our Fall Bible study with the Beth Moore series "The Inheritance".
I was very excited to get back to Bible study, I have been dry these last few months.  Last night it started with do you want a wild ride, to not be bored.  Then get in the will of God and your ride will be wild, it will not be boring.  I have never really considered my life boring, I am hardly ever bored. But I will say I got a slap in the face last night and lets just say I didn't handle it well.  I arrived at home about 9 and Joey was not there, I became concerned when the kids had not seen or heard from him and when I had left at 6:15 he was mowing the storage buildings and had our other lot to mow and that was it. So panic set in, I started driving to storage bldgs to see if something had happened to him. He didn't answer phone, I knew it didn't take 3 hrs to mow what he had to mow and it had been dark about 45 min.  As I was riding I remembered our lesson on a wild ride and to be honest I told the Lord I don't think I can handle anything extra right now.  I haven't had a more than about 4 hrs sleep a night in about 6 weeks, menopause is kicking my butt like you wouldn't believe, and my emotions are on edge alittle, since I am not thinking rational because of lack of sleep, my first thought on Joey was he has had a accident. So I am talking to Josh on phone, because I am a little nervous to what I will find, and there is Joey in the middle of our lot on Friedberg Rd, mowing in the dark, can't see a lick, riding down the side of the road in ditch just a mowing.  To say that I had a fit is a understatement, to say he decided to cowboy up is a understatement.  Lets just say that I have short term memory to everything I heard at Bible Study last night. Thank GOD that today is a new day, to a new start and new adventures.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you would love this study!! Right there with ya on this menopause torture. Living on the edge myself!

    Love you,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete