Thursday, March 28, 2013

Life is funny

You know how life works sometimes is funny but hard. Mother/daughter relationships are stressful at times.  I have a very funny daughter who is way more organized than I am, she is pretty OCD, which I am not, she is not confrontational, which I am. The thing is, we as parents always want what is best for our children, the problem is we forget they are not us.  I have been agitated with Audrey lately, some of it is , I want her to think like me,  do things like I would, but SHE IS NOT ME....PTL.
Joey would have her live with us forever, but as a mom I know it is past time for her to leave home.
We clash more than ever, which makes sense to me because I know that she had finally grown up and is tired of being at home.  Audrey has always been pretty easy to live with, she goes with the flow and sometimes that is the problem.  Once again I want her to be like me, have some say about things, not wait for others to tell her what to do. So it is  funny how life works, I know when Josh went off to college I thought I would be sad, but by the time he left we were all getting on each others nerves, same here, I will be sad when she leaves because she has never left home and she is 25 years old, but I know the time is coming quickly....

No comments:

Post a Comment