Thursday, November 15, 2012

Planning

We had a discussion in Ladies Small Group last night on life planning.  In James 4 it talks about how we plan this and plan that like we know what our lives will be like in 10 years.  How many of you are where you had planned to be at in this stage of your life.  Joey and I had plans to travel once we finally tried it and liked it, then the extra money ran out. Did I think I would be sitting at a storage facility office, no.  Did I think Joey would still be trying to figure out what to do with his job, no.  I thought Joey and I would be empty nesters by now. I did think I would be a grandparent by now.   So I guess  one out of five plans isn't bad.  I told the class that over the last couple of years I have learned alot about living in the "today" mode.  I try and plan short goals, but really Joey and I both have come to the conclusion to just walk forward and go through open doors and stop at closed ones  and see what happens...James 4:14: What do you know about tomorrow? How can you be sure about your life? It is nothing more than mist that appears only for a little while before it disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment