Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cynical

What is a cynic? A person who is distrustful of human nature and motives, the attitude that human conduct is motivated by primarily self-interest, or a general lack of faith or hope in the human race.  How do we get this way? When we expect alot from people and they don't measure up.  Are we cynical with God?  Do we really believe he can change a person from the inside out?
These are the questions I asked myself last night after another night of tail kicking from the Book of James.  I can be very cynical, not so much with God because I do have alot of hope from him.  But I do tend to not expect much from people.I am having to question myself if I do believe God can change people, then I go to do they really want to change, or God gives us free will and most of us don't believe we are cynical we are just in realist mode. As I continue to study these words from James I do know that this will be a year long meditation instead of 9 weeks. I think that I am to thick headed to get it all done in that short of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment