Thursday, October 25, 2012

Once Again

Once again, I am being convicted of many areas in my life where I am not living up to the potential God has for me. A Good Life is a life full of mercy.  I can't help or fix everyone on planet earth. I realized last night that God puts people in our paths everyday.  I need to concentrate on who is in front of me for that day.  Take the time to stop and pay attention to the needs that are around me, I can't fix all of the world hunger and need but there are people in this community that do need help.
If I can't afford at the time to give money to the situation I learned last night that I can give people dignity. I can acknowledge them and what they do.  I can smile at the man that sells the newspapers at the stop light, sometimes I happen to have $5 to give for a paper, sometimes I don't.  I can pay attention to the children at church or in the grocery store that seem to not get any attention from adults at home. Dignity is defined as showing someone worthiness of respect, esteem or honor.
That cost us no money just time and attention and feelings.  That is probably the hardest part, feelings, how many of us really want to have feelings for others, we have needy families, needy churches, needy work, we are drained to give any more.  The wise thing to do is see if we are wasting our feelings on areas that could be more useful somewhere else.

1 comment:

  1. That "James" Bible study is something else, isn't it??? My mercy tank was on empty when I I started that study and now I see how much I need God to fill it up for me. On my own I keep running dry.

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete