Friday, October 5, 2012

Old Friends

My friend Cathy and I are going to a wedding in SC Saturday, Joey and Sohni couldn't go and probably the bride will be sad that we are there and they are not.   But she knows that October is hunting season. The  reason I know she knows is because as a young teenage she spent time at our house alot, and she stole one of Joey's deer callers and has kept it ever since.  She moved away I think her sophomore year of high school, and we try to keep in touch when she is in town. She is now 30 years old and a lovely woman.  As a teenager she was the rowdy one out of the 3 girls in the family, she was funny to the core, and she never thought anyone would marry her, she thought she was the ugly duckling of the family. As many teenagers, they are blinded to the many beautiful qualities they have but others see it.  Memories of working with the youth at Faith come back to me regularly and you always hope that somehow God used you to make a difference in their lives. Cathy and I are excited to go to see Becky and Ward tie the knot as they say. It will be a fun day of seeing old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment