Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My childhood friend

A little tribute to my childhood friend. Myra and I met in the 2nd grade, she went to Midway and I went to Arcadia but we went to church together. I went to her house as much as I possibly could. I loved to go to her grandmothers house on Sunday's after church and eat, her mother Beanie was one of I think 10 kids and the families met together up there alot for dinner. I remember she talked me into touching a electric fence one time and thought it was so funny when I screamed from the shock.  We danced (mainly her, I had no rhythm) in her basement to Jackson 5 and the Osmond's. Beach trips with the families.  We watched soap opera's in the summer, and we always set a day with her sister and cousins to watch Brian's Song and cry our eyes out. Her home was a place of contentment for me growing up. I remember her first car and laughing about how she had to sit on phone books and put one of those husband pillows behind her so she could reach the peddles and see out the windows.  Getting her to go out with Gray in high school, our nights at the prom, high school fights.  Then our marriages with in 2 weeks of each other. Takeing  Gray and Joey to eat Japanese for the first time and them hateing it and getting sick from it. Now try and keep us out of that place. Having  children and beach trips with kids, trips with just the 2 of us.  Our disagreements and the true love that I have for this powerful little woman. She was born on the 4th of July and has been making explosions all her life. She was a woman of great faith, could teach and preach powerfully, and was a great music leader.  Of all her positions, I truly appreciated her music leadership.  She use to laugh and say after a musical she would see how much I cried to see if it was good. I will miss her very much but I know where she is and that I will see her one day so I can rejoice in that and the tears will not flow long.

No comments:

Post a Comment