Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beautiful Outlaw

If your spiritually doesn't fit into normal life, it is religious..... How does that sound to you.  Have I mentioned I am reading  Beautiful Outlaw.   This is one of the lines in the book.  The test is, if you can't take your church culture and language and drop it in the middle of a bar, bus, or work and have it make sense to the people there, then it's not from Jesus. He would make it easy to understand for anyone.
This chapter I am reading is about clearing away the religious fog. For example,  religious activity is confused with commitment to Christ, Holiness is substituted for rule-keeping, or what would it take for a person to get fired from your church? Pretty Deep...I will say this book isn't for everyone.  Some can't handle it yet.  I find it very intriguing and thought provoking.  I will leave you with this to think on...
There are 168 hours in your week.Are you going to say that the one or two you spend at church are more important to God than the other 166. The spiritual life is meant to be lived out in everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment