Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Update

Harper's visit to the Doctor went OK, Josh was pretty angry yesterday with it.  He called and told his Dad about 10 he would call back later and talk to him about it, finally at 4 I called him and told him to give us some info.  He said if I conducted business like Dr's did I would never get a job.  They make you wait 45 min., come in look at you squeeze the knot over Harper's eye. Said yes we need to do surgery  and have  MRI and on your way out pay me my money,(she did not really say that, Josh's words).  He said how many people can have a meeting be 45 min late and it be OK.  Then come to the meeting never even meeting you before and tell you what you need and to pay and trust me that I know what I am doing and you need to except this.  Josh said it would be like him selling someone a house for the first time, never meeting them, picking what he said would be good for them,  being late to meet them at the house, have them sign the papers without any questions then saying make my commission check on your way out.  Thanks see you at the signing. I totally agree with him, but at the same time I know that Brenner's Doctors see alot of thing alot of the time and they just assume they are trusted, no questions asked. But as a new Dad, who is a little cynical (I don't know where he gets this from) anger and frustration has kicked in.  I told him last night that a wise man and I think he is pretty wise most of the time, once he has quit acting like a butt-head, will make a list of questions and get with medical people and ask them what questions to ask this doctor and put his and Abby's mind to rest before they do anything.  He said I don't know what questions to even ask.  Abby is a nurse their are some questions she will know to ask, I know being close to the situation sometimes blinds us to things, so ask other nurses, we have family who are Doctors, I am going out with a surgeon on Thursday and I plan to ask her what questions should they ask.  Inform yourself I told him, He is a very confident man and this is way out of his comfort zone so he is needing to regroup and learn what he can.  The last issue is trust, trust that God is in control and that the Doctors, (after asking the right questions) know what they are doing, That right there is the hardest part.....

No comments:

Post a Comment