Friday, February 24, 2012

Jersey Boys

Last night I went to see the play Jersey Boys in Charlotte.  I knew it was about the life and times of the Four Seasons and Frankie Valli.  The music was great, I learned alot about their life, but the the language was horrible.  I guess I thought that men in the 60's didn't talk like some in Jersey do today and you know their favorite word.  Diane, my friend that I went with, looked at me and said I hope this doesn't go on all night. ..It did. So my family asked how I liked the play.  For me, excessive profanity, no matter if it really is what went on completely takes away from the greatness of the music. I have already built a little mind wall up so that I hear as little of the language as possible, so that in turns takes away from the whole story line.  Don't get my wrong I know that there is a whole world out there that talks like this on a daily basis. I feel guilty calling someone a ass at times, even if they are. I know that from the story line these men could hardly be Christians (I don't know their heart) I think that is what made the story even sadder.  They neglected their family, they traveled all the time, they were thieves in the beginning and one was a chronic gamblers who lost alot of the groups money. But in the end, they "just loved the music" was one of the lines in the play.   This is what they lived for, to me this was a very sad life.........

No comments:

Post a Comment