Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Me Humble!!HA!

The Lord mocks the mockers but is gracious to the humble, Prov. 3:34, I received this on a note from a couple at our church, I know they were letting us know about the last half of that verse. "gracious to the humble".  I don't always consider myself humble.  I can be pretty arrogant and proud at more times than not. Joey and I  were both convicted last fall to do something pretty much against alot of people  in our church and their feelings.  We felt we needed to pay for something that someone from outside our church wanted to purchase from our church. These people could afford it, we couldn't that wasn't the point. We felt we needed to show neighborly love to a non believer. We both felt very strongly about it. We decided to pay and the price went up about 500 more dollars by the end of this thing.  We both agreed that no matter what we would still pay the set price as agreed upon by the church board ( I am on this Board). What is neat about this and it is a God thing, after we paid the church for the "gift" to this couple, we told the board this was to be kept quiet.  Joey only told 2 men that he has devotions and breakfast with. We received a little more than the $500 dollars that the bill went up, We received a check this week for $175 to go towards that bill with the above verse attached to it. Joey and I feel that this sell/purchase was a major spiritual awakening of the leadership in our church for us and our Pastor to see where some people are in their understanding of simple scripture. Once again, humble is not a sign I wear, but knowing what the Bible says and doing it, I try......That is all he ask of us......

No comments:

Post a Comment