Thursday, July 21, 2011

Trust or Not

Trust or Not Trust that is the question..Do I trust that God wants what is best for me, my family. Do I trust that he knows what is going on even before I do. Do I trust that he is in control and that he will show me and my family the way. These are big questions that we all need to ask at different times in our lives. Do I really believe deep down in my gut that God will take care of me when it looks like things keep falling apart. I tell myself I do believe, I do have faith, I do trust him. Here it comes "BUT" why is this happening, but why am I being treated this way, but I have been faithful, but I have been obedient, but I just don't understand. Do you see yourself in any of these sayings. I do, I see myself daily saying I trust you Lord, then a hour down the road I am trying to figure out why this or that is happening. What can I do fix it, what can I say to try and change it. My friend said last night after her daughter found out while living alone in NYC that she was no longer employed as of Thursday in a job she was told would be a 2 year commitment. If I believe God is trustworthy, then I need not to worry or fret. My children are both in situations with jobs and I as a mother feel their pain and concern but at the same time do I trust God is wanting what is best for them, when all we see is confusion and fear for the future. Trust it is a big word, it means to be reliant on, to have hope in, to place confidence in. There it is - do I rely, hope and have confidence in my creator to take care of me and my family. That is a question I keep asking myself.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy:) It's odd that you wrote on Trust or Not today, as I have been through some times in my own life where I have asked that very question. However, (and I'm drawing from experiences I've had in the past), during those times when I wondered why the Lord was allowing me or my family to go through such trials, it was hard to see Him at work. But looking BACK on those trials, I can see His hand all over the situations and was "working all things out for our good..."!
    Yes, a lot of times we say we trust, but only after we've tried everything WE can to work out the situation. Let's all try to go to the Lord first, in every situation, everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you, sister. Right there.

    ReplyDelete