Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Am the Lord Your God

Joey and I have been reading in Deuteronomy lately, I have noticed that it says many times the Lord Your God. It repeats the Lord Your God in almost every chapter numerous times. Who is the Lord Your God? Is he your comfort when you need peace? Is he your provider when things look hopeless? Is the Lord your God your healer? This is repeated so many times throughout Deut. that I over looked it. God told us when we gave us the ten commandments that I am the Lord your God. I am your Master, I am the one who rules. Do what I say and I will be with you. He told the Israelites, obey me and I will look over your, I will bless you, make you and your animals fertile. I will expand your kingdom, but your have to obey me. This is the key to God being the Lord our God.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love the Old Testament???!!! The Lord your God...it is just so personal.

    Love,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete