Monday, April 4, 2011

Childrens Church

Yesterday, I took on preschool childrens church for Abby and Josh, they went out of town, so I volunteered. When your children are grown you forget the attention span of toddlers and preschool. We had 9 kids, 3, 4 and 5 years old. To tell a whole story and hold the attention of all of them is pretty much impossible. Audrey helped me, and half way through she commented she didn't know if she was up to motherhood yet. I tried to explain only a few have this many little kids at one time, you learn one by one. I decided that since the attention span was short, I would just repeat myself throughout the class. We made crowns for the kids, so that they would know that if you are a child of the King, you are a prince and princess. That is how they learned yesterdays lesson, repeat, repeat and repeat. I have come to realize that we have short moments with other peoples kids, they don't always pay attention to what you say, but repeating what you know every time sometimes seems to stick. I know when we worked with the youth group, I would think, they don't listen to a thing we say, but a 30 year old who use to be in our youth group told Audrey the other day, I know what your mother would say to me, but I don't always listen. So maybe sometimes it does get to their brain from their ears. Then it is up to them what they do with what they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment