Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vision and Dreams

Joey and I are in the middle of a 21 days fasting experience. He wanted to do it more than me but I agreed so that when he is at home at night Audrey and I weren't a temptation with what we were eating. I told Joey from the beginning, I don't exactly know what I am searching for, or needing from this fast. He had read a book called "Awakening" by Stovall Weems and a few in our church had done this back in January. So I agreed because I know the Lord has been tugging at me to try a fast, little did I know it would be 21 days, not one. We agreed that we could have fruit, or fruit smoothies, vegetables and that is it. We have tried to stick to one full meal a day, no meats, cheese, eggs, milk, chocolate, soft drinks, or pasta. I knew I would probably be crazy from no sugar or cokes, but to tell you it has been better than I thought is an understatement. I read this book and kind of follow the prayer and scripture it talks about for each day and I also read the chapters in the front that Joey read to encourage him to do this, so that I would understand more of fasting. To tell you that I hoped it would jump start me a diet and that I would see results even though this is not why you fast, losing weight does help. Joey has lost down to almost what he weighed when we first got married, but as in those stick people commercials, mine is not coming off quite as fast. As part of this we have learned that through fasting you should be hearing from God in a clearer voice, and that is what we are searching for. I will tell you a little story, Joey had a dream (vision) last week and when we woke up it shook him up, he waited till that night to tell me about it, All he heard is his dream was go see Tommy's Dad. Tommy is the friend we had who killed himself last summer that sent Joey into somewhat of a downward spiral. Joey didn't know Tommy's dad, didn't know where he lived, and he didn't understand why that is what came to him. I told him to ask God to confirm that this is what he is really suppose to do. In Sunday school, our teacher Keith mentioned, don't let what your dreams tell you to do, stop you from doing it. Joey looked at me and we knew he was suppose to find Tommy's dad and go and see him. He went this morning, I found his name and address on line and Joey paid him a visit. The man didn't think Joey was crazy, Joey explained everything to him, they visited a while, Joey prayed with him, and Joey left a little camouflage New Testament with him with his phone number in back of it. He was relieved when he called me to let me know how it went, he doesn't know the reason he was suppose to go there and he may never know, it could be God wants to see if Joey will be obedient even in the odd request he makes to us, or it could have been for Mr. Kluttz. All I know is God knows and that is enough.

1 comment:

  1. God asks our obedience. We may never see any result, but God will honor the obedient heart and action. Praying for y'all.

    Love,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete