Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter

Joey and I are heading to the mountains today, we haven't been in weeks, but the last time we were there it had flooded the bridge out, so we are taking up the backhoe to fix it this weekend. I am excited to get away and see the mountains. I do truly love it there. Our fasting is slowing coming to an end, Saturday will be the last day, I will tell you I have dreamed of food.....
But I have learned alot over the last couple weeks, I can get by with much less, I have more time when I don't think of food so much, and I have alot more energy. I really didn't need alot more energy because my brain doesn't slow down much as it is. I still am coming away with new things to ponder everyday, our main prayer is for Joey direction in a job, that still has not come to us yet. However we both feel it is near. We are expecting and looking for his direction. Last night we read Proverbs 2, the devotional for the day. I learned what we should mainly be looking for is wisdom and common sense in our everyday living. When we are presented with something be wise about it, use the brain God gave us and make good decisions. With Easter on Sunday, let us rejoice for we do serve a risen Savior, one who is there for us, who leads and guides us, who wants to be there with us when we make our decisions. Thank goodness we don't have to depend on ourselves or some dead statue or god, but to a live King who is sitting on the throne...He is risen, he is risen indeed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment