Wednesday, November 5, 2014

We under estimate

 
We under estimate the intelligence of our younger generation. The government wants to dummy up this next group of kids so that they can't think for themselves. At our house we like strong minded people and encourage it.  With saying that strong mindedness can be tough to deal with sometimes and can push every button you have but that keeps life exciting.
This little one is one of the smartest and strongest girls I have ever met and I raised her aunt Audrey who liked to push every limit. This past week she has been really sick and is on strong antibiotics that  taste "yucky" as she puts it. It has been total torture getting her to take this medicine, here are a few of her comments the last couple of days.  "Mam-maw your not a Doctor you don't really know",
"Mam-maw don't tell me my stomach hurts when I say it doesn't." "Daddy popped me on my shiny hinny and it didn't hurt." We  were counting down the time so that we could take her medicine I let her pick the time and she said 9:45, so we kept a watch on the clock and she counted down 9:43, 9:44 and I asked her what the next time was and her reply" I'm not going to look, because I'm not taking that medicine!"  I had to laugh...I would rather have a person who thinks for themselves then one that lets someone else thinks for them...

No comments:

Post a Comment