Saturday, August 2, 2014

Construction

A year ago last March I had decided to start doing some remodeling at our house, I told Audrey if Wesley isn't going to propose I'm going to start using the money on our house. Well I got one bathroom done, bought the things for the other one and he proposed. So now  a year later I am finally starting again. I got my bedroom furniture painted and walls done, still no door on Joeys closet (I'm waiting on him to go get). I started on my bathroom got the walls painted and was going to just exchange the jets in tub for brushed nickel and tile the floor that is where it all began . I can't find jets around here, I have talked to so many different companies and finally one in Mt Airy said they might could get some from California but I would probably have to paint one of the pieces to match. So what was going to be a simple thing as now turned into a major construction. Josh says by the time you pay for the new jets and having them shipped here and installed you could have a new tub without the jets (what I want anyway). So my small project has turned into a big one. Also, while the master bath is being redone we have to use the upstairs shower, since it hasn't been used in over a year I didn't know it wasn't working correctly till a few weeks ago, so thankfully we have a licensed plumber in the family and he came and cut out part of my hall wall upstairs to do a total redo on all the spouts in that shower. So now I have to have the wall fixed and everything up there repainted. I still have not got to the small 1/2 bath that we bought all the things for last year. I told Joey the other day, my small projects have turned into great big projects and next I want to work on the kitchen and den... He just shook his head and said in another year or so...but you never know if what I'm doing now might effect the other rooms HA!HA!.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain!! I am never going to be done remodeling and if I get my bathroom repainted this century it will be a miracle!

    ReplyDelete