Friday, February 28, 2014

Life as you know it

Your life is the only life you will have contrary to what some may believe. Life has its ups and down, happy and sad, healthy and not so healthy, prosperous and struggling. The interesting thing about life is sometimes when its hard, sad, unhealthy and struggling it seems to last forever and you wake up and its a year later. I had to write down on paper for my head neuro doctor what some of my hobbies or what I do for fun. This hit me like a ton of bricks, I don't do alot of fun, exciting things.
When I worked with the youth I went everywhere with them, ski retreat, LIFE, and concerts. That fixed my entertainment side of my life. Now I hang out with old people like me....I take one vacation a week a year, usually to the beach, out of the last three years, one my back was out and I could hardly move so no getting in ocean, I might not have gotten out alive, year two kidney stone hit in Rockingham and stopped by ER as we drove into Myrtle, never passed the thing till weeks later. Then last year was first year in 49 years without Mom at beach with us, so vacations have not been the most enjoyable. I do go to mountains but I usually work and mow, its fun but still work involved. I love to paint but that is also work oriented. That's when it hit me that I don't do much just for fun anymore, that is the one thing that is really lacking in my life. I decided after answering those questions that I need to do something once a week just for the fun of it. I didn't realize until I had to stop and think about it that my yearly rest and fun time had been altered and how 3 years had passed since I had a week of real vacation and no stress. We as women have a tendency to put ourselves on the back burner, we make sure everyone else is happy, we even feel guilty for enjoy ourselves to much. But I have realized that we all need a rest, we all need to laugh, we all nee to have something to look forward to. So today plan a fun thing to do this next week, no stress, no work just plain ole fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment