Friday, April 12, 2013

Psalm 91

We have at our church some very sick people, one family is Jettie and Greg Myers.  Jettie has MS and has been on experimental medicine for 6 years and it has gone very well for her, you would have never known she has this disease.  However one of the side effects is that on a rare occasion you can get a virus from it that attacks the brain.  About 8 weeks ago this is what happen to her, the Doctor told her if she would have taken one more dose she would have been dead immediately. Now she is just totally wiped out.  Her husband has to carry her, she sleeps most days, has to go and have MRI like every other day, there are complications that if she is not to a hospital within 30 minutes at certain times she could die. Last night I took them supper, and got to talk with her for just a few minutes, her left side is not working good, she has a few more lesions on her brain, her knees hurt so bad they feel like they are going to explode. She said I know God has not left me, it just feels like it right now.  We all go through seasons that seem to last forever, physical pain makes weeks feel like months.  About a month before Jettie became so sick she spoke in Florida on behalf of MS and the medicine she was on, in small groups the week she got back, she told us she knew what her "calling"
was right now, she got to share with this group of medical people her testimony and how God was using her, she was suppose to speak in California at the end of March. The next week is when all of this hit. The Holy Spirit impressed upon me Psalm 91 during our ladies small group class, so I went home that night and read it, I wrote it in a letter to Jettie and Greg and prayed it out over them, sometimes when we see something hand written we pay more attention than when it is printed.  vs 1" Those who live in the shelter of the most high will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty" .vs 3"He will rescue and protect you from deadly disease" vs 6 " Do not dread the disease that stalks in the darkness"vs 15 " when they call on me I will answer, I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue and honor them":vs 16 "I will reward them with a long life" What is so great about this, Sharon our church secretary who has cancer received a call that same night from a christian German woman is how she wrote it in her blog (I know this funny German lady, she is a Nifong too) and she gave her these same verses. I wrote her to tell her about my experience that night and we both realized how great our God is.....

No comments:

Post a Comment