Saturday, September 15, 2012

James, I will come to know you

"Dear brothers and sisters, when trouble comes your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.
For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."
 James 1:2-4 
This is the beginning of memorization for the next few weeks, I am really going to try to memorize the whole 1st chapter of the Book of James.  I haven't really sat down and memorized a whole chapter of scripture sense I was in my late 20's.  We had a scripture memorization class at the church I grew up in, and I memorized Psalm 121.  I don't always recall the whole chapter in order but I always remember the first line " I will lift up my eyes unto the mountains, where does my help come, it comes from the Lord who made the heavens and earth."
I am very excited about this study, I have told you about Cory the new young Christan in our group. She texted me last night to ask questions about chronological order of some of the people that we are studying, she as said this will be the first book of the Bible that she will have in depth knowledge of.
She said I didn't know that James was Jesus half-brother until this study. 
What a great chapter to memorize for her.  You know as a new Christan Satan will try to distract and attack so these verses will be good for her and the rest of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment