Saturday, October 8, 2011

Shake-up

Wednesday night we had small group and something came across that struck me and  I wondered your thoughts.  Priscilla Shrier was talking about how we are like a glass filled with water and when God shakes us the water can spill out.  I get that whats inside comes out theory.  My thought went to what she said next, that maybe the reason we are being shook is because we have not learned and some of the excess water needs out.  I get this theory also...  I asked the girls in class if they have noticed that alot of times the areas where we have struggles, no matter if it was today, yesterday or last month or even last year all seem to be the same.  I wonder if maybe I am allowed to go through somethings that seem the same but with different people is because I understand and can handle this situation better than someone else or have I not learned from passed mistakes and God keeps shaking my cup till I figure it out and he can empty the dirty water from me.  Something arose this last week that I thought was buried almost 4  years ago, I have been asking God why it is being brought up now, I have finally let it go, it is what it is, there is really not much I can do to fix the damage done because it started with someone else. What is the shaking for, did I not handle something right the first time, is he really convicting the other person, my mind goes to there is something else behind this, or is it that I know how to handle this situation and God is showing me step by step what to do.  Think about the valleys and pits you get in, are they of your doing or someone else's doing.  Does the same kind of problems keep happening? Maybe we need to ask ourselves what is the reason for this shake-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment