Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pain

Have you ever had pain that made you fall to your knees. I am experiencing my first and hopefully only kidney stone. We women here in the south are taught to behave no matter the situation. We are suppose to be ladylike at all times. Well let me tell you, all I wanted to do at 2:30 in the morning the other night was moan and scream as loud as I could, but my southern up-bringing only aloud me to do it with me face in a pillow, so that I wouldn't wake the rest of the house up. Only me and my cat, Buster, who I know thought I was going crazy. I finally went into my bedroom and woke up my dead to world husband at 4:30 and said you have got to pray for me right now because I think I am dying..... He prayed, I expected the pain to disappear immediately, however our prays were not answerd at that time. Joey said lets go to the hospital, I kept telling I don't want to go and spend all that money (Because we have crappy insurance, that we pay a lot for) I told him I think it is a kidney stone, it can't be that much longer before I feel better, but the pain got the better of me.. When we finally arrived at the emergency room, you'll never believe it but.....My pain stopped right when I walked through the doors....I
decided to stay and let them check me out, it took 3 hrs of sitting in a room (shift change) , 1 scan and a PA who says I know your pain I've had 10 stones. For them to send me home with medicine and the knowledge that that little stone is still high in my kidney and that there is more pain to follow. I'm so excited........

No comments:

Post a Comment