Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I Timothy

Joey and I watch on Sunday mornings three different pastors before we go to church. They are each very different in personality and delivery but we appreciate all of them. First is the well know David Jeremiah, second is Michael Youseff, then there is a local pastor Michael Thomas from Love & Faith in Kernersville/Greensboro, they have two campuses. Sunday Pastor Youseff was preaching and he mentioned a verse and it stuck with me, mainly because Josh and I have been discussing money. As a teenager he has always said he wanted to be a millionaire by the time he was 25, but that didn't happen. We are always in discussion on the reasons behind why he thinks this way or that. I am always asking his motives behind being rich. When Pastor Youseff mention I Timothy 6:17-18 I read it in three different versions and stuck with this one, I printed it out for Josh to keep close, to  remind him when he does become a millionaire, what is expected.
"Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so
unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life."
I know both sides of the story I hear from people, we should not have lots of money when so many others don't. We should have lots of money so that we can employ and help others. You can look it from both sides and see how both can be right. So I say, what ever lot you is, rich or poor. Remember that trusting in God is the most important thing and be generous with little or much so that you can experience true life.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Glad you are back! And very good points to think about too.

    ReplyDelete