Wednesday, March 11, 2015

May I Rant

May I rant a little today, today a old client came in to pay up his storage from over 1 1/2 years ago. He moved out before he paid his bill in full. Josh is the one who rented to him, I was never a fan. However, I knew he was coming in to pay his bill and I had prayed before he came that if he said anything smart I would say something back correctly but if he kept his mouth shut I would too.  I thought I had it made then I saw the look in his eye and knew that mouth of his would open. He had done some work for my step-dad and his fiancés at mom's old house. He just happen to be there when Josh called to talk to Pop that night and they told him this guy was there, Josh being the smart-xxx he can be said over the phone, tell him good now he can go pay mom what he owes us. To say it made guy made, yeah, but the way I look at it, pay your bills and no problem, right. Well he spoke and I don't think he realized that I had played this scenario in my mind for two year. I decided to call a spade a spade.  He walks around proclaiming to be a Chrisitan, has his Christian playback tone on his phone, has a Christian ring tone. So I decided that I would treat him like a fellow believer. I explained to him how the world looks at us Christians with such distain because he are not people of our word or faith.  That if I had been a non-Christian business owner, once again I would say there goes those Christians again, trying to screw everybody. Like I hear my brother-in-law say all the time. I let him know that I wanted to come after him but Josh held me back and told me to let it go.
That he should be thanking him instead of telling me he wanted to punch him.  Then the little liar had the nerve to say that Josh spoke very rudely and vulgar to my step-dad on the phone. I sat on it a while and then I said you tell me exactly what he said, because I was going to call my step-dad and ask. Well, he proceeded to tell me what Josh said, I called him a liar. I know my son, I know his mouth, and I know what he would and wouldn't say. Lets just say fellow left in a hurry.
The reason for my confrontation with this guy is I'm tired of people who say they are Christians and not living it, I tired of people who lie about other Christians, I want like the Bible says let your yes be yes and your no be no. I might not always do the right thing but I will always try. I hope that if people hear something about me that doesn't seem right that they will ask, because they know my character and that perception people have is sometimes not filtered correctly. My Rant is over...

1 comment: