Thursday, October 23, 2014

Changes

It has been a long time since my last post, I think that my words should be few lately. I am pondering life, the busyness of it all, what really matters, what things are really important, and what things I waste time on. The smile and sweet innocent song of a granddaughter, the thoughtfulness of a friends call, the beauty of Gods creation especially in this season, the laughter of my family, these are things that are important and really matter. It has been a year and half since my mom died suddenly and with that it seems that she just disappeared. Life changed dramatically for me, my daily phone calls to her about important things and sometimes absolutely nothing suddenly stopped. All Holidays changed, her house has had dramatic changes and I have not been there since last Christmas. I will go there this weekend and I have no clue to how I will feel about it. I told my sister-in-law yesterday that when mom died its as if that was the end of her memory because we have not really done anything with her stuff, we got rid of her clothes and her craft supplies but we have not been back since and now someone else lives there and I am confused on how to handle it. That is why I have been trying decide what really matters in life. What is really important and what are my choices in all this. When children of divorce are at these stages in life it puts things in such different perspectives than when both of your parents are together until death, Andrea said that it has been hard enough  just going through all her moms stuff, that it was only her and her brother to figure it out helped , put in a step-parent and step-siblings and that throws a whole other kink in things. As Christians we are suppose to try and handle things differently than the world, so as I go through these next steps in life I do pray to handle them with grace and mercy, its not my strong suit... So I will need prayer...

No comments:

Post a Comment