Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Contentment

I have not had much to say lately, but after Sunday school this week and the week I had with Joey I decided to comment on Contentment. What is contentment, Websters definition is "a state of happiness and satisfaction" so the way I look at it this mean its all in the attitude and mind.
Paul talked about  " Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little." Phil. 4 
Learning to be happy and satisfied where ever we are in life at any given time. Is it hard for you or easy. I am not what they call a high maintenance girl. I don't care to shop alot but when I do I shop. I think I am pretty content with things, but I am married to a "wanter". He said last night if so and so sells we can buy this or that. He is always thinking about what we need or want next.  I pretty happy just painting a room, he on the other hand wants to gut it and start over. So we try to meet in the middle sometimes. But he made some comments last week and I had to bring him back to reality of how blessed we are. Not that I'm a saint on this subject but right now I'm in a good place with contentment. Who know next month. We as Christians struggle with having stuff and being good stewards of what Gods has blessed us with. I have a cute little car it has done good by me, but it is low to the ground, when we bought it my other car was on last leg, and this was a good deal, got good gas mileage and we were struggling financially at the time so we bought it. Now things have loosened up a little and I am struggling with whether to get a car I don't have to crawl out of or hit my forehead every time I put Harper in back seat. Do I need  to be content with what I have or not.
So everyone struggles with this Christian or not. But we as Christians have a responsibility to be wise with the money God has entrusted to us, so I have to check my attitude and mind set to make sure I am making the right decisions.
The rest of the verse from Paul is "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
This is the secret of living in every situation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment