Friday, May 30, 2014

Time Warner vs Direct TV

As of this very minute I have been on the phone with Time Warner trying to change my service and have spoke with 3 different people, one disconnected me, the other sent me to another number and the last one I couldn't understand a word and  I asked to speak to someone else and was put on hold again for another 20 minutes.  Finally a English speak and understanding lady was there to help. As Harper says patience Mam-maw. I still have not resolved my problems.  I do not want to keep paying the high prices for cable and Internet, and they make it hard on you when you can't talk to a human.  They somehow wear you down so that you give in and don't change your service because its to hard to get a real person on the phone and you don't want to go through all the hassle again on another day.  As of right this very minute I am on hold again 30 minutes into calling third time, waiting for them to find me a store that I can return the stupid Internet box that they won't pick up, or let me mail in, but I have to physically return to a site but they don't know where I am suppose to go.  It's like a told the girl on the line, America is going to hell in a hand basket if the computers ever go down because no one knows what to do anymore without them. Can you hear the frustration....
Next I decide to call Direct TV to see if I really want to go through the hassle of changing to them.
So after two hrs on the phone, I am now going with Direct at half the price of Time Warner and I will not have to deal with this again for a least two years....

1 comment:

  1. It left TW to go with Direct TV and were happy with pricing and service until the offers we got to switch expired. I went from $150 per month to $201 per month while I knew this was going to happen the ideal of having to sign another 2 year contract and being at their mercy did not sit well with me so going back to TW and not worry about my TV going out when it rains

    ReplyDelete