Thursday, December 13, 2012

Finally James

Last night was our final night with the Book of James series.  We watched our final video last week and to say it was powerful is an understatement.  Last night we recapped and put into thought what the book was about for each of us.  For me, it all began with don't look in the mirror and then forget what you see, remember what you learn, know what it looks like on a daily basis. Be able to see what goes against the Word quickly, know what doesn't look right in the mirror. Next came the control the tongue and check the temper.  This seem to be a underlying statement throughout the book.  This is the hardest for me and where I am still stuck at.  I do genuinely care about others but I have gotten to a point where I call a spade a spade.  I expect so much that I have become critical and complaining at times with the Christian behavior of some. I have to realize that I need more self control and let God do his thing and me back off.  The problem is I don't love easy. I don't trust easy. If I truly have the love that James is talking about for others, I think this will come easier   I have decided to continue to study the Book of James for a little longer on my own and try to grasp all I need to learn and not forget.  I went to a few ladies in the small group to see if any were interested in leading the study for a few weeks, because it is hard to study one thing and teach another.  I have led a Bible study for about 6 years or more and do believe that I need to hear from others and not lead all the time.  So my friend Diane, who by the way is a great teacher, felt led to teach on the "Organic God" for 6 weeks, so I am very excited to start in January learning the character of the real GOD.

1 comment:

  1. I so identify with your struggles with "James". My mouth just runneth over.

    ReplyDelete