Thursday, February 18, 2016

Buster

It has been a sad day around our house, our wonderful cat of 15 years had to be put to sleep. He got sick last week and could not seem to come out of it. We were caught between a rock and a hard place. I am not a animal lover, however I did consider Buster my cat, he loved on me and was kind to me not like our first cat FeFe. She was Joeys... We second guessed ourselves but as I told the Vet, we will try a few things but I am not spending $600 dollars on a 15 year old cat, when I had just spent that this past summer on him.  I try to rationalize that he is a cat, not a human, and how do we justify spending $1000 dollars on cat and not giving it away to people in need. So we have battled our hearts and minds this week. It is weird to not have to open the door for the cat 5 times a night. Joey has been very depressed about it. Everyone thinks that since he is the hunter in the house he doesn't like animals, this is so far from the truth of most hunters, they are usually the animal people. We haven't told Harper yet, we are slowly telling her he is sick, went to Vet , and next is telling her he went to Heaven. I know some people don't believe that, but its not the animals fault they got caught in the sin problem that causes death to all. So this will be our last pet, Joey and I decided a few years ago that after Buster there would be no more, it would be very hard to replace such a good pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment