Thursday, August 27, 2015

Human Heart

After watching the sadness of the killing of these two innocent people. I have thought long and hard over this situation. I have heard it is a gun problem, wrong it is a heart problem. Murder was from the beginning of creation, with Cain & Able and there was no gun used there. This is a person who was mad in so many ways, mad at the world, mad in the mind, mad at himself and didn't know what to do about it. So instead of getting out of himself and thinking of others, he decided to take it out on somebody else instead of fixing his own self. Since we are a generation of selfie people, why else would he think to do something that doesn't think of himself first. We as the older generation have a responsibility to the younger to teach them. I was at the park with Harper and she is all about "I WON" in everything she does, she gets mad if she doesn't win. It brings back memories of her Aunt Audrey. So as she is running around winning every time, I took her aside and told her not everything is a competition and that sometimes you will lose and it is just as important on how you lose as how you win. As I overheard another grandmother say, thank you for telling me you hit so and so, did you tell them your sorry, no says the little boy, well at least you told me about it.  Why not make him go back and apologize. We have become so lazy when it comes to personal responsibility to others.  Its all about me..me..me..me. What happened yesterday was a pure hate crime. Hate will rot your insides, your mind, your heart, even your bones. I hate that we now have to pay attention to every person we meet  and watch to see what they are doing. You can't feel comfortable going to the grocery store I caught myself looking before I went into Big Lots at every person in there, or the DVM which would drive people to do crazy things, I looked at faces and paid attention to my surroundings. It has made me even more untrusting of people. Which to me is sad because that is a struggle of mine anyway. Jeremiah 17:9 The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? ONLY GOD

1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen!! Glad you are back....missed your insights!

    ReplyDelete