Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Happy 32

Little did I know 32 years ago what being married was all about. As you can see we were all smiles and ready for this great adventure. We had hope of great things, we thought that everything was going to be just romantic and fun and never have any worries. Life as a married couple was the only way to go. If I knew then what I know now would I have still gotten married. Definitely, yes would I have done some things differently, yes. You hear everyone say if I could do it over again I wouldn't change a thing. Well I would. I would not have worried so much about the little things. I would have laughed a lot more. I would have had more children and not worry that the house was to small or we didn't have enough money for them. But on the flip side, I am glad of some of the things we have gone through.  Joeys dad passing away after the first month brought about stresses that we never thought about, him running a company and making sure his mom and brother were taken care of. At the age of 25 it taught Joey a lot about himself. Then have two children back to back and losing a third brought us closer to each other. Disappointments, struggles, money issues and life issues everyone deals with. Whether you choose to do it together is what brings a couple closer. I will say that some years have been a blast and some have been pretty tough. But as I think about the man I married he has become in many ways a different man  from that April Fools Day. I was so attracted to his toughness, he still has it but there is a softer side to him now that is wonderful, you see it with Audrey and Harper. He is a  friend to his son and they run their mouth at each other but truly are best friends. He was always a hard worker when he was young and still is, I never had to worry about him providing for his family. Spiritually he has come so far that there days I listen to him and think this is not at all the man I married and I am so very thankful the Lord has brought him this far. He is still is as handsome to me as the first time I saw him, he makes me laugh a lot, and I have never worried that I am not loved by him and that in itself is peace.
So to Joey and myself, Happy Anniversary!!!

1 comment: